|Job Ref:||RW241634||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Falls Church||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a Program Manager to support our Next Generation 9-1-1 Program. This position requires knowledge of Next Generation 9-1-1 and NENA i3 Emergency Communication Systems. This person will be responsible for implementing networks that may include data centers; MPLS; 9-1-1 call handling systems and interfacing to Public Safety Answering NA and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; staff supervision; financial and business development activities.
In addition to the project implementation; the Program Manager will support pre award activities to include developing and writing transition plans for NG 9-1-1 proposal efforts.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff; including subordinate supervisors; and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities; negotiate tasks; and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
5. Assures quality of program products; services; and deliverables; including participating in reviews; audits; and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities; including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services; including financial analysis; budget and cost quote preparation; cost management; reconciliation; and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops; reviews; and approves plans; schedules; consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
Professional certification (PMP) highly desired.
8-10 years of related experience; including supervisory experience.
Knowledge of Next Generation 9-1-1 and NENA i3 emergency communication systems. This person will be responsible for implementing a network to include data centers; MPLS; and interfacing Public Safety Answering Points.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.