|Job Ref:||RW241396||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Huntsville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Responsible for the design and development of voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
In-depth knowledge in a diversity of solution architectures including: Datacenters; IT Service Management; Highly Scalable Data Platforms; Cloud Computing; information assurance/security; mobility; unified communications and service oriented architecture to deliver technology solutions to business problems including logistics and energy management; enterprise IT services; knowledge management; business services applications and project support.
• Possesses high ethical and business standards • A confident; credible IT technology professional with drive and energy • Able to build effective working relationships across the competitive landscape and meet customer expectations • Able to engage in constructive dialogue and influence thinking and actions; • Experienced in developing; managing and executing capability demonstrations • Self-directed and highly-motivated; with the decisiveness and flexibility necessary to operate successfully in a changing; rapid-growth; hands-on environment • Excellent leadership; interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills; a willing; able and experienced public speaker The iIdeal candidate will be located in the Huntsville area and the position will require approximately 5% travel.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.