Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW240325||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Fayetteville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Network Analyst/Systems Administrator II
Fort Bragg; NC
Responsible for the analysis; administration and support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Day to Day activities Include:
Provide Tier1 customer service support to customers. Actively monitor network and TROJAN terminal operations to ensure connectivity and availability. Monitor network data traffic patterns to minimize choke points. Accountable for all aspects of Network requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to Networks. Provide system administrator support for TROJAN TDN2 AD environment. Responsible for the hands-on; day-to- day issues related to user accounts and access to TROJAN TDN2 AD and TROJAN WAN.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Must possess a baseline and OS cert.
Baseline Certs: A+-CE; or Network + CE; or SSCP; or CCNA-Security
OS Cert: Additional certification in Microsoft or Cisco disciplines.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Shift work required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.