Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW239565||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Bethesda||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs fluid systems; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of fluid systems; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of fluid system principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
5. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
6. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
7. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
8. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
9. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Provide support for non-nuclear steam generating plants to include evaluation of shipboard water chemistry test equipment and chemicals.
13. Provide shipping and purchasing support of water and petrofluid projects to include water or petrofluid samples; sample bottle kits; labels; shipping containers and express mailers; fluid sampling pump kits; and shipboard testing equipment.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience
5-8 years of directly related experience in laboratory operations; maintenance; data collection; records maintenance; report preparation; test and evaluation of water and/or petrofluids; and logistical support. The individuals shall have the necessary training or education to work with water or petrofluids. Substitution of experience for education requirements may be made; with 3 years military experience equivalent to an Oil NA engineering operations.
Perform analyses of water and petrochemical samples in order to determine the degree of contamination; chemical make-up; and other common chemical properties in order to determine maintenance requirements and strategies. Troubleshoot Navy propulsion and auxiliary systems based on analysis of the chemical properties of water and petro fluids. Provide Diesel Propulsion analysis; quality assurance; and laboratory equipment maintenance purchase; repair and calibration. Perform testing; analysis and data review of new and used samples performed by the Government in order to determine diesel maintenance strategy through on-site personnel and external laboratory services. Provide maintenance and calibration services in order to maintain Naval Fluids laboratory equipment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.