Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW239446||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Philadelphia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
GENERAL SUMMARY: Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the security of information system (IS) assets; and protect the data contained within or processed through; from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates; Submits; Validates Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages in accordance with DIACAP/RMF (DoDI 8510.01)
2. Creates; Submits; Validates Platform IT (PIT) Risk Approval (PRA) packages in accordance with NAVSEAINST 9400.2
3. Ensures compliance with Federal; DoD and DoN Information Assurance policies. Incumbent utilizes extensive knowledge of all areas of information security to establish operating standards and procedures for the IA Program.
4. Reviews risk analysis and accreditation documentation for timeliness; completeness and accuracy; and insures that all necessary materials are forwarded for review.
5. Conducts threat and vulnerability analysis to assess and determine effective measures to minimize risks and ensure IS is operational and secure.
1. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
2. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
3. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
4. Prepares computer incident reports which include analysis methodology and results.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
Minimum Required Certifications: Certification Authorization Professional (CAP); Security+ Continuing Education (CE); CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
Preferred Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); GIAC Security Leadership Certificate (GSLC); Fully Qualified Navy Validator (FQNV)
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: 1. Advanced knowledge of information security administration principles; methods; and techniques. 2. Knowledge of Operating System hardening and remediation IAW the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) 3. Knowledge of DoDI 8500.2 Information Assurance Control implementation and validation; from an systems engineering perspective; as applied to National Security Systems (NSS) 4. Experience with NESSUS (ACAS); SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC) and the DISA STIG Viewer 5. Experience with Microsoft Windows; UNIX and Linux variants 6. Knowledge of work planning and resource estimation techniques sufficient to develop milestones and estimate completion dates. WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment. Minimal travel is expected The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.