Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW239324||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Leavenworth||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Responsible for the overall management in providing the mission support for planning; coordinating; and execution of exercised conducted by the US Army's Mission Command Training Program (MCTP). Management of the program includes:
ï¿½ Principle communicator to the government leadership of MCTP on goals and vision of program
ï¿½ Ensure compliance of all GDIT and Government required training; documentation and internal controls.
ï¿½ Manage workforce and deliverables to remain flexible to required changes to exercise schedules and scenarios
ï¿½ Develop and manage an Annual Work Plan to support MCTP exercise event life cycle and forecast cost proposals
ï¿½ Design and execute Corps/Division/Brigade exercises that incorporate Unified Land Operations; realistic; stressful training; and leader.
ï¿½ Develop In-Progress status Reports of work detailing of all facets of support provided .
(3) Organizing and Staffing
ï¿½ Select well-qualified program staff capable of:
o Operating computer-based simulations and models; and automated tools used for the collection and analysis of information used by MCTP
o Replicating the complex operational environment
o Replicating a near-peer opposing force
ï¿½ Develop and maintain an effective quality control program
ï¿½ Adapt training and organization structure to future technologies employed by MCTP
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; staff supervision; financial and business development activities.
At this level; the position is typically responsible for overseeing 100-150 employees both exempt and non-exempt and including one or more subordinate supervisors and managers - working on multiple programs; projects and tasks.
NOTE Position level may also be determined by the scope and complexity of the program; not just revenue and staff amounts.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff; including subordinate managers; and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities; negotiate tasks; and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned programs.
5. Assures quality of program products; services; and deliverables; including participating in reviews; audits; and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities; including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services; including financial analysis; budget and cost quote preparation; cost management; reconciliation; and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops; reviews; and approves plans; schedules; consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
• Master's Degree from an accredited institution; War College (MEL1) graduate or equivalent
• Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
• 20 years U.S military service as a senior Commissioned Officer; former battalion commander or equivalent; successfully served in a key developmental position at brigade/battalion level (Highly desirable to have served in a division/corps level principal staff positions)
• At least two (2) years of experience in planning; designing; configuration; and executing large scale computer simulation exercises.
• Deployment experience: OEF; OIF; OND; Highly desirable Brigade Commander or equivalent.
• Previous Brigade or Higher Commander/CSM (or similar); highly desirable to be retired colonel (O-6) equivalent or above.
Travel: 25 % of the Time
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.