Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW237388||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Dahlgren||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Leads; manages; develops; and supports the international instructors who support the training and educational programs for International sailors for the Aegis Training and Readiness Center FMS program in Dahlgren Virginia. Primary responsibility will be to manage the development; training; and scheduling of International Program Instructors and be the Deputy International Program Manager. Additionally; this position requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of Aegis Combat System (AWS; SPY-1; WCS; SQQ-89).
1. Manages employees engaged in the development; testing and delivery of training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Supervises International program exempt Training Specialists.
3. Conduct training sessions and develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Oversees training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
5. Conducts research into new training; educational; and multimedia technologies. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
6. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
7. Conducts; assesses; and reviews International Instructor performance: generates and reviews annual employee appraisals
8. Assigns; reviews; and promulgates International Instructor Training; Certification and Qualification plans based on dynamic analysis of instructor gaps.
9. Reviews; Assigns; and Approves International Instructor qualification and certification plans per NAVEDTRA 135.
10. Manage International Instructors support of initial; replacement; and conversion training for existing and new FMS courses in accordance with (IAW) the NAVEDTRA 130 series of manuals (current version ).
11. Shall support pilot course review and gap analysis and provide recommendations to revise and correct gaps based on Business Case Analysis and provide engineering analysis for correction of teaching tools and training media
12. Conducts dynamic assessment of the international sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
13. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
14 Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
15. Participates in special projects as required.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Eight (*) years relevant experience Navy Aegis Combat Systems as technician or operator with responsibility for teaching/training the system to other sailors and supervisory experience training; managing and leading junior sailors.
2. Two (2) years relevant experience as an instructor of Aegis Combat Systems in a Naval Training Environment; and responsible for guiding the development of other instructors/trainers.
3. Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline desired (not required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
1. Three (3) years of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program experience with emphasis in financial planning; life cycle training plans; computer program development processes; project leadership and program management.
2. Eight (8) years Surface Combat System training experience in operations or maintenance and eight (8) years of related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs; including supervisory experience.
Requires travel up to 10 % of timne including international travel; must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.