Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW237309||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Develops; organizes; and conducts Fiber Optics fundamentals and Fiber Optic Data Multiplexing System (FODMS) training and educational programs for Fleet sailors at Center for Surface Combat Systems CSCS DET EAST Norfolk VA. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Fiber Optic Data Multiplexing System (FODMS) in support of Navy Combat Systems Capabilities.
2. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
3. Observes and assesses Tier II contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
4. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of FODMS traditional classroom teaching.
5. Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates; conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
6. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
7. Develops position descriptions; reviews resumes and conducts interviews of prospective employees Tier II below.
8. Based on seniority; will be responsible for the preparations of subordinate Tier I and II employee annual performance appraisals for leadership.
9. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
10. Reviews and updates course content and objectives.
11. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
12. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required) ; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience totaling at least 5 years of experience and training in Fiber Optic Data Multiplexing System (FODMS) .
1. Six (6) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for Fiber Optic Data Multiplexing System (FODMS)or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
2. Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
3. Previous experience teaching Fiber Optic Data Multiplexing System (FODMS) is desired.
Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of Fiber Optic Data Multiplexing System (FODMS). Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.