Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW237248||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Dahlgren||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Primary: Develops; organizes; and conducts combat systems training and educational programs for Fleet sailors assigned to U.S. Navy Surface Combatants: Must be a capable of conducting conventional classroom podium teaching.
1. Coordinates the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Conducts; assesses; and reviews Tiers III and below employee performance: generates and reviews annual employee appraisals
7. Assigns; reviews; and promulgates Tier III and below Training teachers Training; Certification and Qualification plans based on dynamic analysis of gaps in capabilities in their Warfare Systems.
8. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of Physics; Geometry; and Aegis Combat Systems or Ship's Self Defense System Engineering specifications.
9. Reviews and analyzes Aegis Combat System Engineering Capabilities and limitations and Naval Strategic; Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's engineering capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
10. Reviews; Assigns; and Approves instructor qualification and certification plans per NAVEDTRA 135.
11. Observes; Mentors; and formally assess Practice and Certification Teaches of Tier 3 and below Instructors; provide recommendation for Qualification
12. Tracks and manages and reviews the Qualifications and Certifications for Tier 3 and below instructors; making assignments for qualifications and providing dynamic assessment and provides formal appraisal for process improvement for the Warfare Area Teaching Team.
13. Reviews Combat System; Auxiliary and Support Engineering specifications and Naval Operational and Tactical documentation
14. May serve as technical team or task lead.
1. Ten to twelve (10-12) years relevant experience with Surface Navy Combat Systems including Aegis (AWS; SPY-1; WCS; SQQ-89) as technician or operator with responsibility for teaching/training the system to other sailors and managing and leading junior sailors.
2. Four (4) years relevant experience as an instructor of required systems (AWS; SPY-1; WCS; SQQ-89) in a Naval Training Environment; and responsible for guiding the development of other instructors.
3. Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline desired (not required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
1. Twelve (12) years relevant experience with the U.S. Navy Aegis Combat Systems as an engineer; technician; or operator.
2. Four years experience as an acknowledged / recognized expert in a functional area of a given training site's curricula with as an instructor of the required system (AWS; SPY-1; WCS ) or process and responsibility for guiding the development of other instructors.
3. Three (3) years relevant experience in a job that required researching; reading; and applying Navy technical specification documents or Navy tactical publications with responsibility for interpreting and translating content from the specifications to class room instruction.
4. Three (3) years relevant experience manipulating training systems for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives in support of Surface Combat systems Training.
Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.