Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW232860||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
Java software engineering; integration; web application development; and operational systems support on a mid-size software systems development team.
Duties and tasking as directed to meet varying needs across multiple projects and programs.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
• Java software development; including Spring
• Web service development; e.g. REST
• Linux operating system as necessary to perform server-side development tasks (i.e. build; configure; shell scripting)
• Apache Tomcat and Web Server administration and configuration
• Experience with one or more: Oracle RDBMS; PostgreSQL; Lucene/Solr
• Software development infrastructure (Eclipse; Ant; automated unit testing; code compliance)
• Agile development experience; e.g. Scrum
• Ability to work independently
Desired skills: •Image analysis and manipulation in Photoshop or similar tool • ActiveMQ or similar message broker products • High-Performance Computing design or cluster computing technologies; e.g. Hadoop • Message brokers; e.g. ActiveMQ AppsDev
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.