Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW232258||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Fairfax||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
GDIT is seeking an experienced Program Manager (PM) for a software development effort in the Washington; DC area and installation/maintenance efforts throughout the United States. The PM will serve as the overall manager for the contract effort and act as the primary interface and point of contact with government on technical and program issues. Responsibilities include formulating and enforcing work standards; assigning contractor schedules; reviewing work discrepancies; supervising contractor personnel; ensuring conformity to all contractual obligations; and communicating policies; purposes; and goals.
The PM must have a proven track record of working with government customers to foster an environment of open and proactive communication to ensure achievement of performance measures; continuity of performance outcomes; and promotion of quality performance. In addition; the PM will be experienced in using an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) for planning; controlling; and integrating project scope; schedule; and resources.
At least 10 years of progressive general engineering-related management experience in software design and development; installation; integration; testing and maintenance of complex electronics equipment. In addition to the ten years general experience; at least five years of specialized experience is required in the direct supervision and management of projects; which included development; installation; testing; integration; maintenance and operation of complex software-centric systems and subsystems. These five years of specialized experience also include an additional requirement of at least a 2-year period of experience managing large government technical contracts.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; staff supervision; financial and business development activities.
At this level; the position is typically responsible for program(s) with annual revenues of $15-20 million.
At this level; the position is typically responsible for overseeing 100-150 employees both exempt and non-exempt and including one or more subordinate supervisors and managers - working on multiple programs; projects and tasks.
NOTE Position level may also be determined by the scope and complexity of the program; not just revenue and staff amounts.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff; including subordinate managers; and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities; negotiate tasks; and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned programs.
5. Assures quality of program products; services; and deliverables; including participating in reviews; audits; and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities; including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services; including financial analysis; budget and cost quote preparation; cost management; reconciliation; and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops; reviews; and approves plans; schedules; consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
12-15 years of related program management experience.
1. Recent NOAA/NWS experience is highly desired. 2. Experience in weather domain highly desired.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.