Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW228626||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Idaho||City:||Athol||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout; fabrication; assembly; installation; operation; modification; and testing of experimental components; materials; apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Sets up and operates equipment; test apparatus; test equipment; and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises; fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus; instrumentation or systems of considerable complexity.
6. Evaluates the form; fit; and function of components; apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
7. Records test procedures and results; performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment; product or test method.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related experience fabricating; maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
Recent experience in at least the first 4 below: Operation and preventive maintenance; troubleshooting and repair of compiles piping; powering; shafting; mechanical components and machinery such as; but not limited to : winches; gear and chain driven transmission systems; hydraulic and pneumatic actuators; pump motors; cranes and hoists; boat and barge propulsion system; gasoline and diesel engines. Adjustment and calibration of mechanical systems within design tolerances. High pressure air; hydraulic; pneumatic systems operation and maintenance. Use; assembly and installation of rigging used for lifting; handling and positioning. Knowledge of rigging materials such as wire rope; natural and synthetic fiber rope; clips; shackles; hooks; pad-eyes; swivels; rams and jacks; etc. Operation of Category 1;2;3 and/or 4 Cranes. Operation of winches; cranes; hoists and other material handling equipment. Performing mechanical configuration changes to ships; submarines or models; such as installing sonar domes; propulsors; appendages; machinery; etc. Control instrumentation interfaces with ship or submarine mechanical systems; such as hull closures; piping; hydraulics; steering; diving and other mechanical functions. Application of coating and treatments; fabrication and repair of items and molds using fiberglass; rubber; adhesives and epoxy components. Knowledge of painting and preservation applications with a variety of different coatings necessary to preserve structures subject to exposure elements and immersion in water environments.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.