Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15702||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||D.C.||City:||Washington||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:14|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
The Sr. Citrix Engineer, Infrastructure Services is responsible for administering, building, troubleshooting, and maintaining internal production systems on a private cloud platform. The candidate must be able to perform moderate to difficult technical and administrative tasks. The candidate will be supporting the underlying technologies related to the Desktop Virtualization Strategy. These technologies include but are not limited to Hypervisors, Load Balancers, Hosted Workstations, or alternate remote protocols. This candidate should be an effective communicator, strong team player, and able to participate in a 7x24 on-call support rotation.
Candidate must have a strong knowledge of enterprise level Citrix Administration, including Citrix architecture, security, software installation, file sharing, printer management, authentication, and Citrix performance tuning and scaling. Typical duties will include initial stand-up of three environments (Development, Integration and system Testing, and Production) on a phased schedule. The Production virtual environment will support a peak of ~14,000 desktops. Other duties include documenting the configuration of the system, troubleshooting any reported problems, and system performance tuning.
Education and general requirements:
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.