Job Description |
Sr Analyst, Systems WISY13 E05
GENERAL SUMMARY: Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
- Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Writes or updates software specifications.
- Creates and executes test cases.
- Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
- Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
- Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
- Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
- Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in systems analysis and design.
- Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Professional Certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge of Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) is preferred but not required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis.
- 4-6 years of writing functional requirements.
- 4-6 years of writing test cases and performing test execution on batch systems and web front-end systems.