Job Description |
General Dynamics Health Solusions (GD Health Solutions), part of General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Business Analyst to support our growth into the State Medicaid market. Candidate must have prior experience supporting systems and business analysis on an operations or customer support program, ideally for a project focused on health or human services programs such as Medicaid, TANF, or SSI.
The ideal candidate will have ample experience to prove:
- Ability to develop, document, and explain business processes, systems specifications, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to translate business needs, policies, and operations into functional and business requirements for a technical system
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, health plans, or HIPAA compliance
- Superior analytical and report writing skills
- Experience in report development and data collection and analysis
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline and detailed-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills with a variety of audiences and communication mediums;
- Ability to identify and mitigate project risks, deal with project conflicts and conflicting priorities.
Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Health Informatics, Computer Science, or a similar field from an accredited university or college is preferred
- Ability to use spreadsheet, database, MS Visio, MS Project, and/or reporting software to do analysis
- Experience with Pega 7 Customer Relationship Management system preferred
- Two years of experience identifying, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and delivering work products throughout the project life cycle
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing data, defining business specifications, and analyzing and documenting business processes. The Business Analyst will also serve as the main liaison between the business and IT in translating complex business needs into requirements for various application softwares and verifying the final work product. Candidate must have 2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
Candidates must be willing to submit resumes to be included in the final proposal submission to the State. Employment is contingent upon contract award.
- Acquire deep knowledge of project software, review and analyze business process and Healthcare initiatives, and contribute to strategies to improve staff efficiencies, client care, and customer service.
- Execute strategies by implementing new systems, processes or changes and provide ongoing, advanced technical support and on-going training
- Communicate and collaborate with client, community, departmental staff, stakeholders and developers
- Become familiar with internal and external Healthcare policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Apply strong analytical reasoning to understand end user's requirements and transforms them into operational application
- Works with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
- Extract, analyze, and report data to support program activity and assist in management decision making
- Work closely with operations and systems staff to define requirements, test criteria, and success factors
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.