Job Description |
- Provide level 1 IT support to customers for virtual desktop, PC, laptop, server, applications, mobile, and hardware issues.
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically ( email, instant messenger, remote desktop ) or face-to-face.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries within established Service Level Agreements Objectives (SLO's).
- Using SCSM Service Desk application, properly document customer support requests and resolve, or escalates requests to level 2 support teams.
- Interact with peers across other IT disciplines towards problem resolution.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend and document improvements to processes/systems as a result of incident resolution activities.
- Work in support of projects/tasks in addition to level 1 IT Service Desk duties.
- Ability to works as team member with good communication skills.
- The primary work schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm or a similar work shift.
- Afterhours on-call support rotation is a requirement for this position.
- In order to accommodate planned and unplanned staff absences, schedule may vary as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience
- 2-4 years of directly related experience supporting IT service desk operations
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices are paramount
- Must have experience in responding to customer requests with an emphasis on high customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Work output must be detailed for the highest level of accuracy and quality
- Proficiency in the use of Virtual Desktop, Laptops, PC's, Microsoft Office Applications, Remote Network Access and Remote Control required
- Experience with SCSM Service Desk Application and/or Cireson portal and RSA 2-factor authentication a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.