Job Description |
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers, network and storage devices running on one or more operating systems. This position requires shift work for manning a 24x7 monitoring operations center.
The shift for this opening is 6PM to 6AM. (Wednesday - Saturday).
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems using common system monitoring tools.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users on a daily basis to assist with functionality and provide situational awareness of ongoing issues.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Provides advice and training to end-users for remote access usage.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in a network/system administration related support role.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired.
- Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following technologies strongly desired: *Microsoft Exchange (2010 preferred) - recipient administration, server administration, monitoring, break-fix, OWA *Netbackup - monitoring scheduled backup jobs, restarting backups, executing restores, verification of backup data integrity *SAN/NAS - monitoring status, basic troubleshooting, space allocation *Virtualization - monitoring or supporting virtual servers and desktops using Citrix and VMWare *Imagery libraries and imagery exploitation systems - Troubleshooting imagery flow, systems interfaces, availability of images and throughput of imagery systems *Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NCE and DIA
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.