Job Description |
The Systems Solution and Interface Engineer will provide experience to the Department of State in support of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS). This position offers the opportunity to work on complex and challenging tasks, and to handle interesting technical problems as a part of an exciting, high-visibility project with a humanitarian mission. The position has a number of technical aspects and roles with the main responsibility of defining and designing system interfaces to our external partners.
- Designs system-to-system interfaces in collaboration with partners
- Writes and maintains Interface Design Documents
- Designs information exchange models with partner agencies and systems
- Assists all teams in tackling challenging production, reporting or data analysis issues. Comes up with creative and quick solutions to urgent client or user requirements and requests.
- Creates strategy and high-level designs for predictive analytics and related data mining and data analysis solutions based on production data
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Requires BS/BA and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- US citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret level clearance
- Experience with designing systems integration and interfaces
- Experience leading meetings, presenting in front of groups, communicating concepts to both operational and technical participants
- Strong skills in MS Office applications (Word and Excel, Visio)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Data modeling: strong knowledge of relational database concepts and practices, including SQL, data relationships, normalization, etc.
- Business intelligence / predictive analytics / statistics experience
- Experience with Web Services and XML files and schemas
- SQL programming, optimization and replication
- Experience in designing complex, multi-tier, web-based, database-driven distributed software applications
- Familiarity with Java and/or .NET web application development
- Working knowledge of system architecture and object-oriented software development