Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-11109||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||D.C.||City:||Washington||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:16|
Job Description |
Experienced database architect/engineer to support development of an integrated web application to support the client's internal business processes. Will be responsible for the development of the application database model, including other database components such as stored procedures, triggers. Will work closely with the requirements analysts, subject matter experts and other team members to analyze requirements and develop the data model. Will also be responsible for supporting the data migration activities from legacy applications to the new application.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline.
10-15 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
10+ years' experience analyzing functional requirements to identify data requirements and support data model development
10+ years' experience designing and developing large, enterprise-level relational databases for applications based on Service Oriented Architecture
10+ years' experience developing physical database structures in SQL Server environment
2+ years' experience performing data migration activities including planning, writing data transformation scripts and data validation scripts
3+ years' experience working with in SQL Server environments
Must be comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision.
Experience administering and managing multiple SQL Server environments.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.