Job Description |
Conducts negotiation and administration of government contracts and subcontracts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers contracts and subcontracts, including negotiation, correspondence, documentation, certification, financial reporting, and product delivery for major contracts. Primary focus on a single major contract.
- Negotiates contract/subcontract terms from proposal stage to project close-out in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinates approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff.
- Provides advice and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Reviews solicitation requests to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Prepares and submits cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements, and cost proposal risk assessment.
- May prepares consulting agreements.
- Modifies contract schedules and participates in vendor reseller agreement negotiations when required.
- Coordinates with program managers to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced contracts administrators, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Professional certification (CPCM/CFCM) preferred.
- 10-15 years of related experience in contracts administration.
- Proposal experience is required
- Experience managing contracts and subcontracts is required
- Pricing experience is preferred
- Experience working on large programs is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in contracts/subcontracts administration
- Advanced knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.