Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-11189||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Odenton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:16|
Job Description |
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Installing, upgrading, and patching virtual servers; Identifying and implementing enhancements to improve availability, reliability, and performance. Configuring and troubleshooting security groups; permissions; and settings. Working with developers to migrate applications/solutions from test to production. Administering/configuring authentication protocols; SSL; IIS 7 and certificates Strong working knowledge of Windows Server; DNS; Active Directory; and Load Balancing Automating installation; maintenance; monitoring; and operations activities through PowerShell scripting.
Additionally, the following will be performed:
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Asist IAM with interputing HBSS scan and logs
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must have a Security+ ce for the baseline requirement to meet 8570 requirements. Additionally, must have a Microsoft Server 2012 certification. If candiudate has a Server 2008 certification it will be accepted with the understanding that the canadidate will have 45 days to obtain a Server 2012 certification as required by contract.
Additionally, the candidate must have the following:
1. Strong communication (written and oral) and listening skills must complement product knowledge and enable the applicant to provide clear instruction and assistance in person and/or over the phone or via email.
2. Professional behavior and characteristics are critical and required.
3. Able to work with users with varying technical backgrounds in a complex work environment
5. Technical experience in Active Directory, Secuirty Policies, Virtial environment (Server & Desktop), etc.
6. Knowledge of systems quality assurance, integration, and migration processes
8. Some experience in architecting scalable applications; developing; customizing and implementing solutions and Workflow development knowledge
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.