Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-11197||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Odenton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:16|
Job Description |
Candiate have strong written and oral communication skills, strong organizational; collaborative skills and leadership skills.
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to assimilate information rapidly; motivated to self study new requirements. Excellent documentation skills. Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into program solutions. Ability to work under time constraints.
Other duties to be perfomred as as related to the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks are as follows:
1. Analyzes voice, video, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
11. Participates in the Configuration Management Boards (CMB) providing input for each project, completeing the paperwork as the SME for the project, and when request providing information to the CMB.
Additionally, the canddiate must be able to develop a "Bill of Materials" listing included estimated pricing for each project being requested, create all drawings required for the project(s), and assist in establishing a Team to perfomr the work requested for each project. Finally, he will be the lead Project Manager that will oversee the projects from start to finish and provide guidance to the install team(s) when required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Position requires a Security+ ce or higher with a strong knowledge of networking and systems intregation / distribution within a complex archutecture on variour unclass/classified networks.
Working knowledge of Visio, and MS Project a required.
A PMP certification is a plus.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.