Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-11306||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Hawaii||City:||Halawa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:16|
Job Description |
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Familiar with Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN's), Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP), WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN) and Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
10. Provide technical services and support for Microsoft related and virtualization technologies.
11. Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
12. Perform network assessments and security audits
13. Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
14. Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.