Job Description |
- Maintain knowledge of current McAfee HBSS products and maintain current information on changing HBSS requirements and products.
- Use Cyber Security concepts and practices to proactively identify threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Test, analyze and document new cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits. This includes documenting and developing countermeasures using HBSS.
- Conduct targeting of the cyber security threats by assisting the Government in responding to threat escalations; provide recommended courses of actions using HBSS.
- Write technical papers and deliver external and internal presentations introducing new capabilities and security research involving HBSS, when new innovations are available.
- Provide system administration for all alerts from HBSS roll ups and or any other system used for correlation of events.
- Review enclave security practices and use of VMS to define security status.
- Conduct Enterprise-level planning and deliberation groups to mitigate threats.
- Answer questions from internal and external users regarding threats and HBSS.
- Participate in discussions on the conception and prototyping of new HBSS initiatives.
- Suggest and implement enhancements to existing Army capabilities, as required by system enhancement schedule.
- File and track potential software coding vulnerabilities, anomalies and issues against systems and software to ensure proper operation and effect of using HBSS, to the Lessons Learned and knowledge repositories weekly.
- Ability to maintain or develop professional contacts in the cyber security community.
BS/MS or equivalent experience required
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Experience with HBSS, SQL databases, routers and other network devices, firewalls, incident response, forensics, and information security frameworks.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and other tools using industry best practices
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, specifically networking, databases and tool development.
- Strong understanding of security operations: perimeter defense, forensics, incident response, kill chain analysis, risk assessment and security metrics.
- Secret security clearance required.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II required.
- HBSS Administrator Certification required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.