Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for a Case Specialist, supporting the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) in Washington, DC. This position is primarily responsible for preparing Unaccompanied Children (UC) cases for Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (URM) adjudication by the ORR director. Duties include:
- Analyzes applications and supporting materials according to qualifying criteria; synthesizes information to make recommendations on children's best interests.
- Provides technical assistance to UC programs, attorneys, UC field staff and others.
- Prepares internal memoranda, including best interest recommendations, and supporting documentation for the ORR Director to make decisions regarding the transfer of children of UC to URM.
- Coordinates between UC providers, placement agencies, States and URM providers.
- Manages caseload priorities and timeframes.
- Monitors group inbox daily to support case tracking and assignment.
- Manages administrative, tracking, and record management functions.
- Provides data for assessment of placement functions provided by partner agencies.
- Informs the development of internal case processing protocols and training materials.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Master's Degree in social services is a plus.
5-8 years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Two or more years of experience working with social programs. Experience in child welfare, refugee resettlement or youth services a plus.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong coordination, collaboration and team-work skills.
- Skilled use of MS Office products, plus experience with spreadsheets and databases.