Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-11965||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:16|
Job Description |
Network systems monitoring/management/troubleshooting, incident tracking, coordination, and reporting (e.g., performance, problem, change, capacity, security); escalate incidents to administrators/engineers and management teams for resolution; submit change requests, submit trouble tickets, alert support teams to issues and tickets in the cue; track and provide updates to support SLA's.
• Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external systems to include, but not limited to, DISN Video Services -Global (DVS-G), NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS
• Monitoring, management, troubleshooting, technical advisement, and reporting status of Program of Record systems (e.g. SDN-L/M/H, SCAMPI, SOFTACS, TACLAN)
• Real-time monitoring of bandwidth management utilization on terrestrial and satellite Links
• Proactive tracking and reporting protocol usage statistics (e.g., identify top talkers by protocol)
• Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
• Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
• Monitoring and coordination with public carriers and other circuit providers to perform any operations activities (e.g., provisioning, problem management)
• Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using Remedy Action Request database system.
• Synchronization and coordination of authorization and authentication services (e.g. directory services).
• Tracking, reporting, and notification of significant Headquarters events and activities as directed by customer/client.
• Coordinating, scheduling, and reporting of network and communications maintenance activities (e.g. Authorized Service Interruptions) affecting customer networks worldwide
• Tracking, managing, and reporting network security events (Information Assurance) on networks with DoD and other Government organizations
• Provide information, as directed by the Government, to assist with the development of briefing products and materials for presentation to senior leadership
• Provide status reports as requested.
• Support CMDB (Configuration Management Data Base) by updating moves, adds, changes, RMA's, etc.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) certification required
• DoDD 8570 IAT 2 certification required
• Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate (RCSA) preferred.
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred.
• Familiarity with Wireless Networking requirements in a DoD enironment
Experience with the following a preferred:
• Remedy Service Center
• Solar Winds/Orion
• CISCO NCM
• RIVERBED WAN Optimization
• Riverbed Steel Central (formerly Cascade)
• CISCO Call Manager, Unified Call Manager, and Avaya Call Manager Systems
• GEMX Manager
• VINES Manager
• Port Security Platforms (Sticky Mac, 802,1x, etc.)
• WebAuth, ISE, and other Port Security Applications
• This position may require shift and weekend work
• This position may require deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide, and may include hazardous duty areas
• Deployments can be of a duration of up to 180 days; this position typically deploys on an as-required basis
• The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.