Job Description |
Jr SharePoint Developers
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Develops, codes, deploys and maintains web applications and websites.
1. Provides application development and technical support for customer websites.
2. Collaborates with graphic artists to develop web page graphics that support interactive, marketing-focused content.
3. Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
4. Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written, and then designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs.
5. Participates in the technical design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of website enhancements.
6. Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action.
7. May prepare technical user guides.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
web applications (MS .NET and MS IIS Server web development).
- Provide Microsoft Office SharePoint development across 9 networks and over 100
enterprise environment using
- Display proficiency of web-authoring and version control tools for Microsoft oriented
o Visual Studio
o Team Foundation Server (TFS)
o Microsoft SharePoint Designer
o Other Microsoft Office SharePoint technologies
o Gathering and analyzing requirements for approximately 5+ developed applications per week.
- Provide system and software development services including:
o Documenting specifications
o Design flowcharts and wire diagrams 5+ applications per week.
o Preparing test plans for 5+ applications per week.
o Designing system configurations
o Performing and assisting with integration tests for 20+ web applications per week.
o Write required documents (i.e. SOPs, "How-To" guides, testing plans and results, accreditation, etc.) for all applications using DAIIS templates and QC measures.
o Development of training delivery methods
- Provide training to staff, end users, and managers of web and portal sites.
o Preparation of training plans
o Development of training curricula and materials.
DAIIS Style Guide
- Maintain a standard look and feel throughout network web sites in accordance with
- Provide web development and project support in accordance with the policies, regulations, and guidelines of INSCOM, DNI, DOD, DA, DIA, NSA, and Intelink Service Management Center (ISMC).
- Understand and follow Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Roles and Responsibilities
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in web software development.
- DOD 85701.01-M IAT Level II (Security+ CE or Equivalent and an OS environment)
- A good understanding of Windows SharePoint Services and other web development experiences will be required in order to implement high quality, scalable and effective SharePoint solutions to support various organizational requirements.
- Strong proficiency in the .Net framework and coding in C#
- Proficiency in NA Web Forms and or MVC
- Proficiency in SQL and physical/logical database design
- Experience, communicating project status, defining, documenting, and maintaining processes and procedures
- Experience managing content in an online or Web environment
- Experience writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, business plans, CONOPS, and other technical documents
- Experience working within the intelligence community,
- Knowledge of governance, including policies, practices, procedures, and decision forums
- Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team and independently with customers at all levels
- Ability to prepare and present briefings and training
- Ability to independently initiate, manage, execute, and report tasks, as identified
- Possession of excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.