Job Description |
- Participate in discussions at the system engineering level to enhance the security of the customer networks
- Provide support to system certification activities and efforts related to system certification and accreditation
- Provide technical support in investigating and minimizing real or potential damage resulting from security incidents
- Research, analyze, integrate, and distribute IS security tools and associated documentation, subject to Government review and approval
- Provide on-site assistance for integrating IS security tools into Contractor and Government information systems
- Develop security procedures for systems and software within area of expertise to ensure consistent security policy implementation for review and approval of Government
- Support the creation, update, and presentation of Information Assurance (IA) related briefings and other related materials to both internal and external organizations as a security Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Participate in and support various Information Assurance forums as directed. Support the Intelligence Community (IC) and Industry-based working groups as directed.
- Conduct ad-hoc cyber security research and assessments, responding to Front Office action reviews, and provide reports and activities.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
10-15 years of related experience in data security administration.
Requires certifications equivalent to an IASEA Level III (CISSP-ISSEP or CISSP-ISSAP)
- Knowledge of and experience with DCID6/3 and ICD 503 and the Government's certification and accreditation process
- Networks, computer components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- System methodologies including: client/server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, MAN, LAN, switches, and routers;
- Software integration of COTS and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS} products;
- VMware, Xen, Hyper V and other virtualization platforms
- Technical experience in:
- Configuring and supporting, at a minimum, Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS;
- Configuring and supporting, at a minimum, VMware, Xen, Hyper V;
- Software engineering;
- Program design and implementation;
- Configuration management;
- System maintenance;
- Integration testing; and
- Information system engineering.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.