Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12130||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||San Antonio||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems to provide the technical support necessary to evolve/sustain Cyber infrastructure as well as data and processes.
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.
IAT Level II Certification Required. Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS and Environments, along with CEH, Net+, and CCNA expected.
Base" capabilities in identifying the solutions to less common and more complex system problems; database procedures used for documenting and querying reported incidents; disaster recovery COOP plans; measures or indicators of system performance and availability; network architecture concepts including topology, protocols, and components; systems administration concepts; the type and frequency of routine maintenance needed to keep equipment functioning properly
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.