Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12208||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
Serve as Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense (IA/CND) Lead to support Command Security Policy, Automated Information Systems (AIS) accreditation, risk assessments and reviews for SABI and related security evaluation activities in the support of HQ USCENTCOM C4 initiatives. Lead shall serve as the IA POC for new iniatives, programs and systems, hardware and/or software being brought into the purview of the USCENTCOM site accreditation(s), HQ IA/CND policy guidance, HQ IA/CND user awareness training, and HQ IA/CND tactics, techniques and procedures for responding, preventing, and/or reacting to security alerts, incidents, or compromises.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Experience with the following: