Job Description |
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
Provide the below network administration and engineering services:
Daily responsibilities will include but not limited to updating CISCO IOS, configurations, access list, and applying STIGs.
- Local Area Network (LAN) & Campus Area Network (CAN) Engineering
- Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple WAN/LAN environments encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies.
- Assist with research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with network infrastructure and/or components.
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
- Develop and maintain a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies.
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation.
- Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices.
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Represent customer requirements in tech exchanges with other DOD agencies.
- Perform site surveys to new installations and technology refresh.
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Requires Baseline certification Security+ ce and CCNA or CCNA-Security certification
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.