Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12278||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Alexandria||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems. Maintains records of analyses, tests, techniques, and procedures applied in problem resolution for all aspects of information technology (hardware, software, enterprise remote access and networks) at the assigned site.
2. Serves as a senior technical specialist providing end-to-end problem tracking and resolution for technical support requests on Remedy systems.
3. Ensures the appropriate configuration of the operating environment to support new applications and security compliance.
4. Works with local users and managers to coordinate requirements, schedules, and resolve operational issues.
5. Recommends methods and procedures to coordinate corrective action with IT and local users to optimize utilization of present equipment.
6. Records problem summaries and explanation of the resolution in Remedy upon resolution of a trouble ticket
7. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
8. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
9. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned, including but not limited to Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, Outlook.
11. Supervises GDIT and subcontractor staff and acts as on-site GDIT manager to comply with all corporate requirements.
12. Participates in special projects, as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
In addition to a Bachelor's degree, candidate must have 4+ years of directly related computer systems analysis with at least 3 years in the technology being addressed.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.