Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12412||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westwood||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
The primary project management (PM) assignment for this position will be the Remote Video Surveillance System (RVSS) Upgrade program under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Located on elevated fixed towers and building structures, the RVSS advanced wide-area electro-optical and infrared multi-sensor camera system provides Border Patrol agents with persistent ground-surveillance and real-time video analytics to effectively detect, track, identify, classify and respond to missions along U.S. borders. This position will be directly involved in the day-to-day planning and execution of deployment and sustainment activities on the program. The candidate must possess or be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated CBP Background Investigation upon hire.
This position provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned project or tasks.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
3. Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
5. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
6. Attends customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
7. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
8. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
9. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
Possess active, favorable CBP Background Investigation suitability determination or be confident in ability to obtain one upon hire. See NA for more detail.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.