Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12445||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||New Mexico||City:||Las Cruces||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Peform system administration functions that include operating system monitoring; COTS software monitoring; cutsom software monitoring; resource memory alloction; modifications to authorized user lists and user profiles; file system maintenance; monitoring of storage space; technical support to personnel to include creating accounts/resetting passwords; etc.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Provide accurate and timely documentation of network system problems via Incident Management processes and ticking systems.
14. Provide assistance in the installation of IAVAs.
15. Execute system and configuraiton back-up and disaster recover plans.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.