Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12450||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Louisiana||City:||New Orleans||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior Java Software Developer along the Gulf Coast in New Orleans; LA.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Interior background investigation. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Java Developer to join our superb team of software professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to learn and expand their Java and scripting expertise. This position will be part of a development team that develops new web applications for the Department of the Interior.
Participates in the design; development; analysis; and implementation of software operating systems and software application programs; Works under general supervision; Performs software operating systems and application engineering, including full life cycle design and development; Works from specifications to develop and modify operating systems and software applications; Participates in the design; coding; testing; debugging, and documentation of programs; Participates in the definition of limited design specifications and parameters; Assists team members with the hardware/software integration of the application or utility into software operating systems; Analyzes system architecture requirements; Participates in special projects as required.
Performs software development for client/server Java applications programs.
1. Generates new code and corrects; converts; and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
2. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
3. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures; identify problems; and document specific requirements.
4. Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals; product specifications; and training materials.
5. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products; analyzes test results; and corrects problems.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Reviews and evaluates software products; systems; and documentation to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards as a member of an Agile Scrum Team.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
Requires at least five years' directly related experience in the design; writing; and testing of computer programs or database development. Also requires comprehensive knowledge of the principles; practices; and procedures used in all phases of full life cycle applications and systems development; engineering; programming; and analysis.
1. Knowledge of the fundamental concepts; practices; and procedures used in computer programming.
2. Development experience with Java and Java Script.
3. Tests and debugs assigned software components and units.
4. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
1. Database Application development experience
2. Experience in the development of Java Web applications and Google Web Toolkit
3. Experience using Vaddin/Java
4. Experience working in an Agile Software Development Environment.
5. Knowledge using automated test tools.
6. Strong interpersonal presentation and communication skills.
Working Conditions: The work is typically performed in an office environment; which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job. General Dynamics Information Technology; Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.