Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12552||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
1. Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
3. Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
4. Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
5. Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related network monitoring/troubleshooting experience.
Watch Administrators facilitate and broker seamless message service solutions and provide quality customer service through ownership, teamwork and communication. They provide monitoring and computer processing message support. Watch Administrators identify, coordinate and resolve operational issues concerning operating systems and system user configuration. A working knowledge of communications systems including modems, routers and LAN/WAN technology would be beneficial in support of this function. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned and participates in special projects as required.
This position requires night shift - 6pm-6am Sunday-Tuesday and every other Wednesday. C andidates must be able to support in all weather conditions.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.