Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12759||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Tucson||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Workplace/UNIX Systems/Oracle Database Administrator
• Perform all functions necessary to ensure the availability of the Workplace application, the terminal emulator and its connectivity to the core system, and the availability of handheld labor transaction devices.
• Work closely with Helpdesk personnel to ensure optimal communication and reduce potential downtime for work crews and supervisors, and coordinate with Systems Analysts and PC Technicians to ensure the availability of Workplace capable PCs and "dummy terminals."
• Perform upgrades to the Workplace application, Oracle database and using devices as necessary to keep the solution current and available.
• Responsible for the installation, management, upgrade, update, security and maintenance of all HPUX, Redhat Linux and Unix Server Systems. Performance will include the upgrade of these systems as dictated by the customer or acceptable business practice for version control.
• Work closely with Business Analysts to determine best fit solutions to required system changes, and/or make recommendations when a need for change has been identified.
• Work in coordination with other Oracle DBAs, who will perform some minimal system administrator duties, or take over the task in full in his/her absence.
• Administrators for all MAXIMO inventory related data, Workplace, and Oracle (general) databases. Duties include database maintenance, database design, data access, capacity planning, and performance tuning. This includes installing, upgrading and patching the ORACLE RDBMS (all versions in use at site location). Act as secondary UNIX System Administrators and provided insight on the configuration and sizing of the new HP UNIX servers.
• Serve as Technical Analysts for the Workplace application for both production and test/development; performing system/data analysis/debugging for problems found with data or the applications.
• Performs Data updates via SQL outside of the applications to fix problems with data caused by application bugs or user errors. System/Data Analysis for enhancements or reports that are asked for by the user community or business analysts.
• Development and maintenance of Oracle triggers and PL/SQL procedures for interfaces between Workplace and MAXIMO and for validations of data elements added to the applications as local enhancements.
• Provide and assist with System/Data Analysis and SQL coding for intranet web based screens and on-line queries that are enhancements to the COTS applications.
• Documents all relevant procedures and presents them to the Project Manager for review, and inclusion in the documentation library.
• Responsible for keeping the Project Management Team aware of all working issues, and any shortfalls or requirements from the customer.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training (Security+ required), or work experience.
2-5 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.