Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12791||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
10-15 years of related experience in data security administration.
• Experience in Cyber Security; InfoSec; Security Engineering; Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations; computer incident response; systems architecture; data management; including malicious code detection; intrusion detection; and cyber security tool development and integration • Review security plans and assist in developing security measures to safeguard information • Provide guidance in the formulation of InfoSec policies • Provide InfoSec guidance and direction at project inception and continuing through the lifecycle • Assist in the evaluating and ensuring the compliance of IT systems; applications; and infrastructure; assessing vulnerabilities and providing appropriate security countermeasures • Communicate security exposure; InfoSec incidents; or non-compliance situations • Represent customer interests at technical exchange meetings within the customer group and across the organization • Create artifacts and perform activities as necessary to implement customer and community security processes for product approval; system accreditation; procurement; or modification • Leverage commercial products to support the security of the customer infrastructure; systems; and applications • Review technical documentation to determine compliance within the community; customer; and security directives • Conduct; participate; brief; and facilitate security information activities highlighting schedule; risk assessments; evaluations; and analysis • Develop; document; and maintain security plans • Create and document security requirements for systems and interfaces on numerous networks and platforms • Analyze systems; including forensically; for malware; misuse and/or unauthorized activity; track; on a daily basis; intelligence (both open and classified sources) concerning malicious code threats • Hands-on experience with network security applications; protocols and associated hardware • Good interpersonal; organizational; writing; communications and briefing skills • Experience with Nessus; App Detective; Web Inspect; and SuperScan • Experience with Microsoft Office • Experience with Information Assurance assessment tools • Experience with Encryption technologies • Experience with Identity and authentication technologies • CISSP Certification
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.