|Job Ref:||2016-12786||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Louisiana||City:||New Orleans||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for an IT Systems Architect along the Gulf Coast in New Orleans; LA.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Interior background investigation. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives; designs; prototypes; and tests new methods; algorithms; and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses; findings; and project progress; and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related software development experience.
Required Specialized Skills:
1. Previous experience in leading technical teams; interacting with senior managers; defining requirements; providing and reviewing work assignments
2. Expert knowledge of software engineering principles; methods; and techniques
3. Knowledge of the associated hardware; software; and equipment
4. Experience with IDE such as NetBeans; Eclipse; and JDeveloper
5. Experience developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies (JDBC; Servlets; JSP)
7. Experience with relational databases (Oracle/SQL and/or DB2) and Data Modeling
8. Experience with Web Server (WebLogic server preferred) WebLogic; JBoss; Tomcat; Glass Fish; and Apache
9. Networking experience to include an understanding of network hardware; protocols; firewalls; and routing
10. Knowledge of the principles; practices; and procedures used in all phases of full life cycle applications and systems development
Preferred Skills; Qualifications or Experience:
1.. Familiarity with Security Development practices such as OWASP; NIS and FISMA
2. Experience with Spring MVC web application and RESTful web service framework
3. Experience with code management and version control tools
4. Applied knowledge of Agile Development Methodology; product development methodologies; database methodologies and software integration
5. Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills • Strong client relationship management skills
6. Experience in the oil and gas industry a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.