Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12816||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Huntsville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a high energy, transformational technologist capable of leading the development and implementation of innovative DoD modeling, simulation and virtual gaming technology integration strategies in the Defense and Aerospace market place. The right candidate will be a proactive and engaging technology leader able to motivate others, think clearly, reach sound programmatic and technical conclusions as well as articulate ideas crisply and concisely. The candidate must have experience as a senior program management professional with technical background in virtual reality/ augmented reality marketspace as well as gaming engines and interactive training environments. The candidate must be a confident decision-maker able to affect results through team building and effective networking in support in support of complex software engineering support tasks.
The candidate will:
(1)Perform as Program Manager on large scale software development effort. Collaborate closely with Capture team to drive corporate technology capabilities and innovation strategies towards capturing key business opportunity; Prepare and transition to program management role for large program team meeting future US Army needs.
(2) Will lead technical teams during program execution and interact closely with Government Managers, Contracting officials and internal team and sub-contractor personnel to execute the requirements of the contract.
(3) Will be responsible for program deliverables as well as contract requirements of schedule, staffing and reporting.
(4) Will be responsible to GDIT managers for program execution in the fields of schedule, HR, quality and finance.
(5) Participate in the near term development of strategies, goals, and objectives to accomplish growth targets with a focus on future high payoff areas in IT technology, software engineering and Defense training markets.
(6) Develop discriminating value propositions and white papers focused on these markets and solutions to deliver GDIT capabilities on key gaming, training and warfighting capabilities efforts. (
7) Attend conferences and industry events to maintain a current understanding of customer needs and represent GDIT interests; Position for transition to program management.
(8) Lead program development efforts for strategic opportunities in software engineering and development, logistics, weapons systems integration and modeling and simulation from a technical perspective in business areas dependent on information technology such as multimedia systems and virtual reality, synthetic training environment, program logistics, information systems, modeling and simulation, predictive analytics and the opportunities for growth afforded by life cycle management and software development.
(9) Must understand and be able to effectively communicate focused, enterprise level, technology and software solutions that meet customer expectations in the Defense sector.
(10) Actively participate in proposal development to shape technology solutions to meet systems design requirements for enterprise level architectures
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
12-15 years of related program management experience.
In-depth knowledge in a diversity of solution architectures including: datacenters, IT Service Management, Highly Scalable Data Platforms, Cloud Computing, information assurance/security, mobility, collaborative environments to deliver technology solutions to business problems including logistics and training, multimedia, gaming, enterprise IT services, knowledge management, business services applications and project support. For assigned programs/systems, candidate will execute and provide overall system support for facilities, infrastructure, operation, data analysis and management, marketing relations, and network management
• Possesses high ethical and business standards
• A confident, credible technology professional with drive and energy to meet a demanding and high tempo environment in the Army Missile Defense and Training environments.
• Able to build effective working relationships across the competitive landscape and meet customer expectations
• Able to engage in constructive dialogue and influence thinking and actions of potential opportunities
• Experienced in developing, managing and executing capability demonstrations
• Self-directed and highly-motivated, with the decisiveness and flexibility necessary to operate successfully in a changing, rapid-growth, software and technology markets
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills; a willing, able and experienced public speaker.
PMP, experience with CMMI, ISO 9001 and Agile software development preferred.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Huntsville area and the position will require approximately 5% travel.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.