Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12897||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Required Skills: - Excellent Customer Service Skills - End-User IT Desktop Support Experience - Strong work ethic and attention to detail • Attention to detail; strong organizational skills. • Strong writing skills (document creation and management). • Strong time management skills • Ability to work independently on projects and/or tasks. - Experience and/or knowledgeable with; Windows XP; Windows 7; Citrix; SMS; and SCCM - Technical understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; etc.) - Ability to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment Desired Skills: - Team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success - Enthusiasm and ability to adapt to new and changing technologies - A+ Certification - N+ Certification - Security + or other DoD 8570.01M certification - Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Technology - Thick & thin web-based applications - ITIL v3 Foundations - Previous experience with WALA architecture a plus - Technical writing - Audio Visual experience i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Projection Systems - Desktop Video Teleconference experience i.e. Tandberg Desktop
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.