Job Description |
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
- Follow all approved customer policies, processes and procedures.
- Install/maintain/repair/remove servers, workstations and peripherals.
- Install, maintain, repair, remove scanners, fax machines, network printers, multi-function devices, and copiers.
- Perform supplies management in support of supplies acquisition (e.g. rack brackets, power cords, power strips).
- Provide computer inventory and accountability support in accordance with customer prescribed practices with minimal supervision.
- Maintain list of toolboxes associated with this functional area.
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month.
- Perform maintenance for non-emergency and emergency requirements including servers and tape libraries.
- Submit Configuration Change Request (CCR) for software and hardware maintenance actions and approved by the Configuration Change Request Panel before work is performed.
- Work customer Microsoft System Center Service Manager tickets received and use best OEM practices to troubleshoot and repair defective devices.
- Install and move servers, workstations and peripherals in accordance with customer guidelines.
- Document installations, removals, and change requests using the customer CCR process. Gather technical information in support of the CCR process to include microcode software updates, license software changes, and updates to antivirus applications. Submit a government CCR documenting the change and receiving approval prior to completing the modification.
- Track Data Center moves and infrastructure via Aperture Vista and track IT in Air Force Equipment Management System (AFEMS)- Assets Inventory Management (AIM) for Automatic Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) tracking.
- Incident Reports are received and documented using Microsoft System Center Service Manager.
- Document IT devices requiring the replacement of parts using Microsoft System Center Service Manager ticketing system and Other Designated Costs (ODCs) procurement ordering process.
- Receive, test, and return to Governmental bench stock all vendor repairs.
- Install, test, and return to operational service for redistribution to the customers all warranty repairs.
- Support monthly preventive maintenance on all servers, peripherals, and tape libraries with assistance from government partners and contract vendor's OEM partners.
- Submit non-emergency maintenance requests using the CCR process at least two weeks prior to scheduled activity.
- After the maintenance activity receives Government approval from the CCRP, document and notify both user and management the change and any required outage in writing and document implementation results within the CCR.
- Prepare power whips for installation and removal.
- Install, remove and replace data center infrastructure equipment.
- Maintain list of equipment associated with this functional area.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
• Candidate shall possess and maintain Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I certification as required by DoD Directive 8570.01-M for the work being performed (A+ or Network+ requirement)
• Candidate shall possess appropriate certifications from equipment vendors or their designated parties (e.g. Lexmark, Sun/Oracle, Quantum, Dell)
• Candidate shall have experience in Server and Quantum Tape Robot installation and maintenance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.