Job Description |
- Shall operate Satellite Modems, Redundancy Switch, associated cables, and interconnects; Up Converters, Redundancy Switch; Down Converters, High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), Low Noise Block (LNB); Waveguide (rigid, flex, and elliptical) joints and connections; Intermediate Frequency (IF) cable and connections; Antenna, Antenna motors, Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA), Antenna Control Unit (ACU), and associated cabling and interconnects; Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Units; Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS); Generator (if applicable).
- Shall maintain and troubleshoot using any Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) required over and above the Built-In-Test (BIT) capability of the supported equipment.
- Shall manage and maintain telecommunication installation supplies.
- Shall maintain daily on-hand inventories.
- Shall have knowledge of tactical and commercial satellite communication equipment.
- Shall have technical documentation skills
- Shall have know how to use Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE); power meter, spectrum analyzer, firebird, volt meter, etc.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferred; however In-Lieu of degree, requires six (6) years of related experience.
3-5 years of experience required
- Shall have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting or maintenance of communications electronic systems or equipment.
- Shall have a minimum of three (3) years experience operating in a tactical environment operating/maintaining antenna controllers, SSPA, LNA/LNB, up and down converters, Fiber optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modems (satellite modems.
- Shall have experience and skill with commercial and military satellite acquisition procedures and commercial TDMA/DAMA modems required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.