Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-13409||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westwood||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
General Dynamics is seeking a NOC Engineer in Westwood MA. Position is 4X10 hours; WED - SAT; 3rd shift.
The NOC Engineer is responsible for the analysis; administration and support of GDIT managed communications networks (voice; unified communications; and emergency services) at the GDIT Network and Security Operations Center in Westwood; MA. Must have an understanding of computer and network security and expertise in system administration practices and procedures. Perform daily network management; control and administration of the supported sites and networks. Categorizes; isolates; and resolves network; server; and workstation problems. Performs fault isolation and correction; coordinating with engineering personnel and OEM partners. Monitor and analyze network; equipment; and application performance using SolarWinds-based network management system. Fields calls to help desk and uses work instructions and procedures to triage and escalate network; hardware; and application issues. Facilitate and document the integration of monitored systems into established support systems. Coordinate and facilitate vendor support of Next Generation 911 systems and subcomponent applications and equipment.
Experience with enterprise VoIP systems and/or 911 emergency communications systems desired.
1. Analyzes voice; video; radio-frequency; and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
• Prefer experience with alarm and network monitoring using SolarWinds Orion or equivalent network management system
• Prefer experience with Remedy trouble ticketing system or equivalent.
• Experience with network security / information assurance a plus.
• Experience with AlienVault a plus.
Position works 10 hour shifts; 4 days in a row with 3 consecutive days off. Schedule is WED - SAT; 3rd shift hours.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.