Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-13428||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Fairfax||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Network Systems Administrator for Solarwinds/Netcool.
1. Proactively monitors customer network, servers, applications, email and mobile device infrastructure using multiple automated tools.
2. Manages the usage and performance of data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Supports other network engineering services including design, engineering, maintenance, and troubleshooting for all matters realted to networking services.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
SolarWinds or Netcool certification is required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
5 years of Solarwinds and Netcool implementation experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.