Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This role is in support of the Enterprise Security Operations center and provides leadership of a team that implements, operates and maintains Network Security Devices. The team is:
- Primarily Responsible Maintaining, Configuring and Troubleshooting Linux based appliances and servers.
- The following systems are primarily supported: a. HBSS
c. Web content filters/proxies
d. Arcsight Enterprise Security Manager
e. McAfee IDS/IPS
- Expertise in the following concepts is also desired for the successful candidate: DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
- Experience with support to CNDSP work centers.
- Will have excellent oral and written skills creating programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- DoD 8570 IAT III and CND-IS.
- Requires Active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to take the CI polygraph.