Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-13496||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Landover||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Perform complex database and system analysis functions related to cyber defense applications and systems. This includes managing/maintaining distributed relational databases residing in a central system; data modeling to design and document database arch
1. Participates in the design; maintenance; enhancement; coding; and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality; including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability; monitoring activity; and documenting problems; changes; and solutions.
6. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries; database structure and layout; installing; upgrading; and managing database applications.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.