Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-13534||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Employee will use various Cyber Security Tools to provide 24x7 computer network security auditing and Fraud, Waste and Abuse detection on multiple networks and systems for our government agency customer.
The follow activities will be conducted by the employee:
1) Comprehensive monitoring of cyber tools; reviewing system and application logs; intrusion detection alerts for indication unauthorized activity; insider threat; or criminal behavior punishable by law; code or statue.
2) Discover; identify; mitigate and report intentional or unintentional unauthorized use of customer information and information systems.
3) Monitor for fraud; waste and abuse; including content inappropriate to the workplace; Illegal Activity; Productivity Loss and Non-Compliant Activity and provide support to Threat Mitigation Cell; Law Enforcement; General Counsel; Inspector General; customer privacy Office; and the customer Operations Security (OPSEC) Office through investigative research; forensic examination; internet monitoring and formal reporting.
4) Identity Leakage (PII) Related; DoD Directive 54000.1; Privacy Program; which constitutes detection of SSN#s; Credit card information and other Personally Identifiable information. The Analyst must determine if information constitutes a violation of Personally Identifiable information especially when the information is sent outside Government network; Information does not belong to person sending it; information is not encrypted or password protected.
5) Produces case evidence and reports.
6) Work on special projects as assigned.
7) Desire candidates with experience using cyber tools such as: Splunk; ArcSight; Fidelis; FireEye; Solera; Lancope. Experience with operating systems and databases a plus.
Must be willing to work night shifts; weekend day or night shifts and Federal Holiday day; includes shift differential pay.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
LCAT 002- Cybersecurity-Computer Network Defense Service Provider (CND-SP) Auditor/Inspector-Level 4.
Must be DoD 8570: IAT III and CND-SP Specialty: CND Auditor.
Must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI Polygraph.
Work location Washington, DC.
Must be willing to work night shifts; weekend day or night shifts; and Federal Holiday day; includes shift differential pay.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.