|Job Ref:||2016-13621||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Springfield||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
4. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
5. Writes or updates software specifications.
6. Records all inputs and outputs of systems, including file sizes, data bank requirements, variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency, volume, peaking, etc.
7. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
8. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
9. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Ticket Manager Professional
Active TS/SCI security clearance required. This position will provide assistance with Incident, Change, Problem Tickets and Knowledge Management for the Active IT Contractor managers and the AIT Program Management Office supporting New Campus East (NCE). Duties may include but are not limited to; act as the interface between engineers and the government to maintain problem tickets, following up with users open tickets to document missing information and verify resolutions, running ticket data reports, data visualization, organizing site surveys with technicians, contacting customers to clarify ticket details, interpreting change requests to match hardware catalog offerings, manually adjusting change request approval workflow, maintaining a working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of various work groups in order to answer routing questions, and updating the Knowledge Management database.
Candidate will be expected to support a flexible 6am to 6pm work schedule.
Candidate will be expected to coordinate the change process with the government customer and act as a liaison to ensure that AIT Engineers and Technicians follow established process. Candidate will be able to guide modifications to the change process and document adherence to the process. Candidate must demonstrate sufficient IT technical knowledge to provide advice and guidance to fellow contractors and government customers. Candidate will be expected to attend and occasionally brief and lead meetings utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Remedy Reports, and Visualization Software both to contractor and government personnel. Candidate must be able to explain not only the process but the underlying reasoning for the process to assist others in complying with it.
Candidate must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills as they will frequently interact with end customers and government oversight personnel. Candidate must have knowledge and experience necessary to apply logical precedent to handle one-off and unusual situations.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
A History of successful communications with customers and technicians and experience with multiple ticketing systems from a support staff perspective is desired. Proficiency with use of Remedy ITSM, version 7.6 through 9 preferred. Experience with querying databases utilizing SQL statements desired. A history of basic data visualization utilizing tools such as Tableau is desired.
Certifications desired: ITIL v3 Foundation
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.