|Job Ref:||2016-13649||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Arlington||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:17|
Job Description |
The candidate will join a team of senior professionals in supporting training of Navy and Marine Corps Acquisition Professionals at the Navy's ASN/RDA Program Manager War Room complex. Responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of an Aviation War Room designed to address the unique challenges of aviation programs and the responsibilities of the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and staff. This work will address the challenges of developing sensors, weapons, and other naval aircraft systems. The candidate will provide a detailed look at how naval aircraft are constructed, converted, and modernized, including studies of past and contemporary aircraft that acquisition professionals may find useful in their own programs.
• Assist in the development of a formal course of instruction, based on the Aviation War Room, by drafting Instructor Guides and Learning Guides and assisting in the development of an on-line (portable) E-Learning course.
• Presenting the room to Navy and civilian leaders and experts during the development phase to seek feedback and to identify new avenues of research.
• Present the Aviation War Room, and other War Rooms in the complex for both formal courses of instruction and for informal visits and information gathering sessions.
Masters Degree in a related discipline.
15-20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE.
Required: The Aviation WR will focus on naval aircraft and naval aviation-related activities, including the roles of PMs and staff. We will include lessons from major modernization efforts in addition to those of both successful and unsuccessful aircraft acquisition programs, including unmanned aircraft. Accordingly, we are seeking a retired Navy Aviation Engineering Duty Officer or Navy Acquisition Professional with a minimum of 15 years of experience in Major Aviation Systems Program Management and/or related technical support functions.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and supporting war room training curriculum delivery for Navy PMs.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering war room exercises and training.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.